Centered on Christ and the Scripture
- Bethany recognizes Jesus Christ as the head of the Church, with the foundations for governance being the authority of Scripture.
- Bethany makes decisions based upon the principles of Scripture and the guidance of earnest, constant and expectant prayer.
- Bethany‘s goal is to be intentional about offering a Pathway to Discipleship for all believers. The purpose is to help people move from Knowing God’s Love, to Growing in God’s Love, and to Showing God’s Love.
- Bethany sees corporate worship as a vital ministry which can take many forms. It includes music, prayer, and Bible teaching; the methods may vary but the message does not.
- Bethany encourages and embraces innovation in worship and ministries. We willingly take risks in pursuing the Great Commission.
- Bethany is a missional church and we honor that commitment by steadily increasing our giving every year. Our goal is to direct a large percentage of our offerings towards missions.
- Bethany’s missions scope covers the spiritual, social, physical and emotional needs of all peoples on local, regional, national and global levels.
- Bethany recognizes that ministry and missions are intertwined. They are all about bringing new people to the faith and discipling believers.
- Bethany maintains and regularly reassess a detailed Missions Strategy which is used to direct our giving. This strategy is influenced by culture, demographics, local and global events.
- Bethany’s missions are carefully vetted and managed. We aim to provide transparency of the process, and to keep the congregation informed about the mission fields and the impacts of our giving.