There are several benefits to playing online educational games with your child. Here are a few to consider:
- Hand Eye Coordination: using the mouse helps refine hand & eye coordination (clicking, dragging, and dropping).
- Encourages Creativity: paint programs and games allow children to experiment with colors and different materials (paint brushes, spray paint, buckets, etc.) This also teaches children cause & effect.
- Problem Solving: There are many games that help build problem solving skills, whether it be a matching game or a puzzle to solve.
- Identification & Recognition: Many preschool-focused games have children practice identifying numbers, shapes, colors, letters, sounds, and even animals
- Interactive or Social: Children's computer time should always be monitored, so it can be a social time with mom, dad, or siblings
- Computer Knowledge: Technology is influencing more people and at younger ages. Children need to know how to properly operate a computer, use a mouse & keyboard, and even how to turn on the sound.