Congregational Care Team is a ministry of support to members and their families experiencing a crisis or difficulty in their lives involving illness, hospitalization, grief and life transitions. Training is required to equip the team for this ministry. This ministry is guided by the Pastor of Congregational Care. Contact Pastor Kathryn for next available training classes.
The Congregational Teams are:
- Gifted Christians - They have been given the Spiritual gifts of healing, hospitality, mercy, miracles or pastor/shepherd.
- Committed Christians - They have answered a call by God to reach out to others with compassion and love.
- Equipped Christians - They have been equipped through intensive training for this ministry.
- Holy Listeners - They are disciplined in listening to peoples' stories and to the feelings that accompany. The Congregational Care Team Member is not responsibile for resolution of the 'problem.' This 'holy listening' may lead to a referral by the caring listener to an ordained pastor or a couseling service.
- Fellow Travelers - They 'walk alongside' others in difficult or stressful life situations.
- Ambassadors - They present Jesus Christ to people and represent the care of the Bethany congregation for its members, friends and community.