Confirmation is an opportunity for our students to be discipled in their faith, in a step by step manner, as we learn what it means to be a follower of Christ at Bethany Church. Your 7th grade or older student will have the opportunity to learn the core concepts of our faith and also who we are as a church. Classes will start Sunday November 6th during the 9:15am service. See our complete calendar below.
Bethany United Methodist Church
Information and Requirements for
There are two components to Confirmation: the study portion and the project portion.
The Confirmand will attend and complete the bi-weekly study of the book, “We Believe”. The study book is written for use in the United Methodist Churches and is written on a Middle High reading level. This study is led by Phillip, John and Darlene Andreas or other members of the Pastoral Staff. The bi-weekly sessions will be held on Sunday mornings during our 9:15am church service.
This book has the following lessons:
- We are the Church
- What is and who are the church?
- The Book of Books
- Introduction to the Bible and how to use it.
- God, the Father
- The first person of the Trinity, attributes of God, the 10 Commandments.
- God, the Son
- Summary of the life, death and resurrection of Christ.
- God, the Holy Spirit
- Who is the Holy Spirit and how does He work in our lives? The gifts of the Spirit and the fruit of the Spirit.
- God’s Church Grows
- General church, history and Methodist history.
- We Worship God
- Elements of congregational worship (preaching, music, creeds, etc. and what happens to us as we worship).
- The Church Celebrates
- The sacraments: Baptism and Holy Communion.
- God’s Plan for our World
- Sin and redemption.
- Faithful Disciples
- Prayers, presence, gifts and service to the church.
- We Live the Christian Life
- Spiritual disciplines and decision making.
- Are You a Christian?
- How to make a decision for Christ.
Students must commit to attending all class sessions. If a student misses more than three (3)
classes, he/she may not be confirmed. Students must also complete all class materials.
If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call the church office.
- The Confirmand will participate in a four (4) hours of service (inside or outside the church)
- The Confirmand will complete three (3) of the four mentor assignments.
- The Confirmand will complete 8 sermon summaries from either the Saturday night or Sunday Worship.
October 5 Confirmation Parent Meeting (Wed)* @7:30 Conference room Wescosville
November 6 Confirmation Class @9:15
November 20 Confirmation Class @9:15
December 4 Confirmation Class/Retreat 9:15-4pm @Macungie, Lunch is Provided
December 18 Confirmation Class @9:15
January 15 Confirmation Class @9:15
January 29 Confirmation Class @9:15/Church 11am
February 12 Confirmation Class @9:15
February 26 Confirmation Class @9:15/Church 11am
March 12 Confirmation Class @9:15
March 26 Confirmation Class @9:15/Church 11am
April 9 Confirmation Class @9:15
April 23 Confirmation Class @9:15/Church 11am
May 7 Confirmation Class @9:15
May 21 Confirmation Class/Retreat 9:15am-4pm
June 4 Confirmation Sunday at 11am
- Confirmands must be baptized prior to May 28, 2017. Baptisms will not be done the weekend of Confirmation.
- Mandatory Confirmation Rehearsal will be TBD
Below You Will Find Program Resources & Materials.